Monday, December 8, 2008

Social Issues

My social issue is on expectations and how people expect various things from different people. The statement “the bar is not high enough” can be interpreted various ways. One way is that is it easy and that I can do better or nobody expects anything so they have low expectations. It affects me and the various people around me because many people expect a lot from me and some people do not expect anything from the people around me. I chose it because I am expected to do great things such as get straight “A” or help ten people at once with different things.

I chose this issue because I had some of my brother’s teachers and he is smart. When they asked me if I was his brother and suddenly expect me to be just as smart or smarter. That does bother me because to know what is expected when they have not gotten to know me.

No comments: